Bohol and Malapascua — a diving safari in the Philippines
Welcome to the Philippines!
Explore the treasures of this beautiful place. Around every corner, discover something incredible. Find yourself zooming around vibrant cities in a colourful jeepney, gaze up in wonder at majestic volcanoes, spot a water buffalo, or encounter the astonishing wildlife of the local forests. Add the happy smiley people, known for their friendliness and easygoing approach to life, and you have the recipe for a brilliant holiday. Don't read about it in a magazine, come and feel the energy of this unique place and write your own travel adventure story!
The choice is yours. Chillout on the beautiful local beaches, or get active! The Philippines are a known mecca with some of the best surf in the world. People come from all over to kayak and kitesurf. Enjoy trekking in the picturesque mountains, biking, canyoning and of course scuba diving.
With over 7,000 tropical islands, every beach bum can find their piece of paradise in the Philippines! There's something to suit all tastes: secluded and forgotten islands in the middle of the ocean, stunning and intimate lagoons found in the flooded craters of ancient volcanoes, or the spectacular beaches of Visayas.
The Philippines sits like a gatekeeper to the vast Pacific Ocean at the edge of Asia. Perhaps surprising to some, and unusual for the region, the principal religion is Catholicism; a legacy of 350 years of Spanish rule in the area. Almost immediately after the Spaniards, the Americans arrived and put their own culture stamp on the country — mainly fast food and shopping malls! Thankfully, the locals still have their own unique identity and will proudly state they are simply Filipino!
We invite you to join us on an incredible diving safari in the area of iconic Bohol and the beautiful island of Malapascua! Our comfortable boat will take us to some of the most attractive dive sites in the area. Our time will be all about diving, relaxing and sampling the specialities of Philippine cuisine! With over 36 dives in the vibrant Philippine waters, you could call it a "real" dive trip!
- see a culturally and geographically, unique and special part of the world;
- de-stress while relaxing on the white sands of stunning beaches;
- feel the rejuvenating effects of sunshine and delicious local cuisine;
- visit two spectacular islands in the Visayas!
- experience diving in warm, pristine waters. Over 36 dives all in the comfort of our safari boat;
- get up-close with a whale shark, or a thresher!
- rise to the challenge of finding the small and well camouflaged Pygmy seahorse;
- catch the chilled-out local vibe relaxing on the beach with a drink and soak up the colours of the tropics.
Day 1 — We set off on our journey to the Philippines through the Middle East.
Day 2 — An afternoon touchdown in the Philippine city of Cebu. Transfer to our hotel in Malapascua. A well-deserved rest after the trip.
Days 3-4 — Four dives around the beautiful walls of Malapascua Island in search of threshers!
Day 5 — Transfer by bus from Malapascua to Dumaguete. Board our dive boat and rest before the safari.
Days 5-12 — Diving safari on the great Bohol route. We'll visit all the great dive sites in the area, from Moalboal, through Oslob and Balicasak to the Apo reef! Weather and adventure — above and below water — guaranteed!
Day 12 — The end of our diving safari — we disembark our boat and move to a comfortable hotel. Time to enjoy the beautiful beach and rest after the hardships of the safari while getting some colour before returning home!
Day 13 — transfer to Cebu airport for our evening flight to Poland via the Middle East.
Day 14 — touchdown in Poland.
End of trip.
PRICE per person:
USD 4680 + flights
Included in the Price:
- all transfers between airports and hotels.
- accommodation in double rooms, breakfast included, in Malapascua and Damaguete.
- accommodation in a twin DeLuxe cabin on the diving safari.
- package of 4 boat dives in Malapascua.
- boat dives on the safari Bohol route — 4-5 dives each day! All meals during the diving safari.
- insurance: medical expenses (PLN 120,000), personal accident (PLN 16,000), baggage (PLN 1,600).
- services of an experienced English speaking guide/organiser/PADI diving instructor 24×7.
- a personalised t-shirt and other required travel gadgets.
Not included in the Price:
- return flights from your departing location to the Philippines. Price depends on the timing of your reservation and departing location. For logistical reasons, these should be purchased through our office.
- meals other than breakfast (except the dive safari where all meals are provided).
- visa fees, airport fees, excess baggage fees, etc.
- fees for equipment rental or additional excursions (e.g. to more distant dive sites).
- environmental fees for entry to National Parks or specially designated dive sites — approx. USD 120/person.
- compulsory diving insurance.
- cancellation insurance.